HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Police in Hartford started September with two more homicides to investigate, bringing the city’s total for this year to 24.
Just before 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, officers responded to 26 Pershing Street, near the intersection with Lebanon Street. Upon arrival, police found 32-year-old Desmond Wright, of Hartford, had been shot in the head.
Web Extra: Map of Hartford’s fatal shootings in 2015
Officials said multiple 9-1-1 calls came in that reported that Wright had been shot in the head while walking down the street. Police said Wright was rushed to St. Francis hospital, where he was pronounced dead just after 8:30 a.m. Officers also noted that Wright had been shot once before, and was in violation of parole.
Pershing Street remains closed while detectives investigate.
The Pershing Street shooting came just hours after another shooting on South Prospect Street just before midnight. When officers arrived, they located 32-year-old William Prieto, of Hartford, with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper torso. Police say Prieto was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Related Content: Hartford man shot, killed in city’s 23rd homicide
If you have any information on either incident, you are asked to call the Hartford Major Crimes Division at 860-757-4250