Man dies after being electrocuted at indoor amusement park

SOUTH WINDSOR, Conn. (WTNH) — An electrician has died after being electrocuted at Nomad’s Adventure Quest in South Windsor.

The victim, who’s name is not yet being released, had been removing light fixtures when he sustained an electrical shock that caused him to fall off a platform.

Nomad’s employees believed that power had been shut off to the fixture. Emergency crews alerted Eversource Power to shut down all power to the building to ensure the safety of the rescuers and others in the building.

The victim was taken to Manchester Memorial Hospital where he died.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been called in to assist with the investigation into how the man was electrocuted,

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s