Man pleads guilty to robbing more than $80K from bank

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut man has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $80,000 from a bank in Windsor during an armed robbery earlier this year.

The U.S Attorney’s Office says 27-year-old Davis Johnson pleaded guilty Monday to one count of armed bank robbery.

Prosecutors say the Enfield man was one of two men accused of robbing a First Niagara Bank branch on Jan. 10.

Prosecutors say the two men were armed with guns when they demanded two employees to open the vault. Authorities said they collected almost $82,000 from the vault and took money out of the teller drawers. A search of Johnson’s home found the money and a loaded handgun.

He is facing up to 20 years in prison when he’s sentenced in December.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s