(WTNH) — In an era where smartphones are a part of million of people’s lives, technology has become an important aspect in getting your news and information.
In the event of a severe weather situation, News 8 and wtnh.com want to make sure that you and your family are safe and prepared for any weather situation.
Here is a list we’ve complied of the 8 best apps to have in case of a storm.
1. WTNH, a go-to for everything breaking and local news.
2. Twitter, for updates from us, ABC News, and others.
3. FEMA, gives updates on any states of emergency, or evacuation orders.
4. Red Cross, can let you know about shelters, or help that’s available.
5. The National Weather Service, the official U.S. weather, marine, fire and aviation forecasts, warnings, meteorological products, climate forecasts and information about meteorology.
6. life 360. A family locator and messaging tool.
7. Gas buddy, which lets you check gas prices in your immediate area, and gives updates on any possible supply problems or long lines.
8. Battery Doctor, it finds apps that are draining your phone and turns them off, that can possibly double the life of your battery.