NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — New Haven Restaurant Week, one of New England’s most popular culinary events, is adding a philanthropic benefit to this year’s fall edition.
Known as one of America’s most innovative culinary cities, New Haven will showcase some of its best eateries, while encouraging food lovers to help a good cause by making donations to the Connecticut Food Bank.
New Haven Restaurant Week, presented by First Niagara, will take place from November 1-6. Customers dining at participating restaurants can choose to make a one dollar donation to the Connecticut Food Bank. The organization says that one dollar is able to help feed one person for one day. The CT Food Bank partners with retailers, growers, donors and volunteers to provide over 17 million meals annually that benefit residents in 127 cities and towns in six of eight Connecticut counties.
First Niagara kicked off the fundraising initiative with a $2,500 donation to the CT Food Bank and announced a dollar-for-dollar match for donations made by restaurant customers.
Twenty-seven of New Haven’s most well-known restaurants will offer a special, three-course, fixed price menu for both lunch and dinner during Restaurant Week. Menus will include and appetizer, entrée and dessert at lunch ($18 per person) and dinner ($32 per person). Prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity, and some restrictions may apply. In addition to the limited-time menus, regular dining menus will still be offered. Guests are strongly recommended to make reservations in advance. As an added bonus for foodies, Park New Haven will offer $4 parking in its Crown Street and Temple Street garages from 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. during the full duration of Restaurant Week.
The full list of restaurants for this edition of New Haven Restaurant Week includes:
- 116 Crown (Mediterranean)
- Adriana’s Restaurant & Wine Bar (Italian)
- Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant (Spanish)
- Basta Trattoria (Organic Italian)
- Caffe Bravo (Italian)
- Caseus Fromagerie Bistro (Gastro Pub)
- Cask Republic (Modern American)
- Christopher Martins Restaurant (American Bistro)
- Elm City Social (Traditional American)
- Fornarelli’s Ristorante (Italian)
- Goodfellas Restaurant (Italian)
- Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant (Modern American)
- Heirloom (Coastal Farm Cooking)
- John Davenport’s Restaurant (Contemporary Coastal New England)
- L’Orcio (Contemporary Italian)
- Miya’s Sushi (Sustainable Sushi)
- Olea (Spanish/Mediterranean)
- Pacifico (Nuevo Latino Cuisine)
- ROIA Restaurant and Café (French & Italian)
- Soul de Cuba Café (Cuban Soul Food)
- Stone Hearth (Farm Fresh)
- Tarry Lodge (Italian)
- Taste of China (Authentic Chinese)
- Temple Grill (American Grill)
- Tre Scalini Ristorante (Italian)
- Union League Café (Contemporary French)
- ZINC (Modern American)