Here are your Friday evening Connecticut Weather headlines from Storm Team 8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna:
Showers will move out of the area quickly on Friday evening. That sets us up for a beautiful Columbus Day weekend in Connecticut.
- Skies will clear after midnight. A northwest breeze will bring in cooler air. Lows will be 45-50.
- Saturday looks nice, albeit a bit cool. Highs will be in the low 60s with mostly sunny skies and a northwest breeze.
- The wind will diminish Saturday night, and lows will be in the mid to upper 30s inland, and upper 30s to low 40s at the Shoreline. Patchy frost is possible inland.
- It will warm up nicely on Sunday afternoon. Highs will be near 70 with plenty of sun.
- The relatively warm weather continues through Columbus Day. Highs will be in the low 70s with sun and clouds.
- We’ll see more clouds on Tuesday. Stray showers are possible. It will be mild, with highs near 70.
- A first shot of cooler weather arrives on Wednesday. Highs will be in the low 60s with partly cloudy skies.
- The weather looks mainly dry Thursday and Friday. There will be some clouds around both days. There is a better chance of seeing a stray shower on Friday. Highs will be in the 60s.
- The early outlook for next weekend is for legitimately chilly weather. It may stay in the 50s on Saturday, and fall to near or below freezing Sunday!
- Check out the three planets aligned near the moon Saturday morning!
Have a great weekend!