NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Going out to dinner with the family can be an enjoyable experience, but it can also cost a pretty penny. Money is tight for many families, especially this time of year with the holiday season upon us.
However, there are ways families can enjoy a night out without breaking the bank. There are several restaurants that offer free meals to kids on certain days of the week. Deals will vary depending on location. Some of the restaurants include:
- Chick-fil-A: Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Kids get a kid’s meal for free.
- Denny’s: Tuesdays from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. (only at participating locations)
- I-Hop: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 4 p.m – 8 p.m. Kids 8 years old and under.
- Pizza Hut: Tuesdays. Kids 10 and under eat free with purchase of adult pizza buffet at certain locations.
- Red Robin: Mondays. Kids 10 and under are free.
- TGI Fridays: Mondays and Tuesdays.
“I love bringing my kids to Ikea as silly as it may sound or stressful,” said Yazmin Jason, creator of CT Mommy Blog. “There are lots of things for the kids to do in the play area and different sections. Kids eat for free there on Tuesdays.”
If you go to one of the locations for a free kids meal, be sure to ask an employee if they offer them before you sit down and order just to be sure.