(WTNH) – Photographers Chelsea and Tony Northrup are CT based with great tips on snapping your best photo this holiday season. Their book, How to Create Stunning Digital Photography is the world’s best-selling photography book.
Chelsea and Tony say a few small things can make your family photos look professional:
* Have people wear similar clothes; most people have blue jeans and white button-down shirts. If that’s not possible, avoid brightly colored clothes and patterns.
* Use natural light to your advantage. This might mean taking your photo before the sun has set, or choosing a room with big, south-facing windows.
* Find a spot with a clean, simple background. If the background has distractions, move them to another part of the room temporarily.
* Put as much distance as possible between your family and the background; don’t have people stand right up against a wall.
* If people stand naturally, they’ll look too far apart. Squeeze people in tighter than they’d normally stand.
* Leave room on the sides. If you make an 8×10 print, one inch is cropped off the left and right.
* Snap lots of pictures, and choose the best one. Expressions change constantly; if you take many pictures, you’ll get one where everyone has a perfect smile.
For more information about Chelsea and Tony, head to http://northrup.photo/