Deadly New Britain fire ruled accidental

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (WTNH) — Fire officials have determined what caused a house fire in New Britain on Saturday, killing one man.

The New Britain Fire Marshall’s office says that the house fire at 50 Schultz Street was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials. Officials have ruled the fire as accidental.

The fire occurred just after 7:00 Friday night. Firefighters were able to control the blaze in about ten minutes, but 56-year-old Michael P. Tocoinis, who lives at the Schultz Street home, was found dead on the front porch.

Autopsy results for Tocoinis are still pending.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s