Fire displaces South Windsor family

(Image: Shutterstock)

SOUTH WINDSOR, Conn. (WTNH) — A South Windsor family had to stay in a hotel after flames broke out at their home Thursday evening.

Fire officials say three people were home when the fire started on Mohegan Trail. A smoke alarm warned them and all three made it out safely.

According to authorities, the fire was contained to the basement.

The South Windsor Fire Marshal is investigating.

It’s not clear when the affected family will be able to return to their home.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s