WESTBROOK, Conn. (WTNH) — Christmas decorations on a tipped tree sparked a fire at a local home on Sunday afternoon.
Westbrook Fire Crews say the fire started at a home on Breakneck Hill Road after a Christmas tree fell over. Crews responded right before 1 o’clock in the afternoon to find the toppled tree started burning the table and caused the fire throughout the home.
Fire officials say the fire was put out quickly and didn’t cause much damage to the home. They say the main damage was caused by the smoke in the home. Thankfully, no one was hurt.