- Coastal flooding is one of the major issues in this system
- The National Weather Service has issued a Coastal Flood Warning for southern Fairfield and New Haven counties for high tide late Saturday AM
- Tides will be higher due to a full moon Saturday night, so that’s something to watch too
- With a prolonged wind of an easterly component, water will be pushed into the Long Island Sound
- The high tide that we are watching is Saturday AM and PM, see above
- Strong winds from an easterly direction, along with a higher tide due to a full moon cycle will cause tides to be 3 to 4 feet above astronomical tides.
- This will lead to moderate flooding along the shoreline, especially in western CT
- Check out the high tides times above
WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.