Here are your Monday Evening Connecticut weather headlines from StormTeam8 Senior Meteorologist Fred Campagna:
- Relatively mild weather continues through the middle of the week. It will be partly to mostly cloudy on Tuesday. Highs will be in the low 40s.
- A passing rain shower is possible Tuesday night as a weak disturbance moves through. The temperature will be in the low to mid 30s by dawn on Wednesday.
- Highs will likely reach 40 again on Wednesday with partly to mostly cloudy skies.
- Lows will be in the 20s Thursday morning as skies clear overnight Wednesday. Thursday afternoon will be partly cloudy with highs in the upper 30s.
- We’re watching an ocean storm that may come close enough to clip New England with snow and wind on Friday. Right now, it looks like it will be far enough away that CT will be spared any precipitation. Friday is shaping up to be a dry and seasonably mild day. Highs will be in the upper 30s.
- January will end with more relatively mild weather this weekend. Highs will be near 40 both Saturday and Sunday. A few light rain/snow showers are possible Saturday night. Sunday looks mostly cloudy with highs in the low 40s.
- This is the warmest winter on record to date in CT. December was extremely warm, and January has been relatively mild.