When a big storm is approaching, you’ll be able to see our up-to-the-minute forecasts, live radar, and in-depth articles that explain the science behind Connecticut’s weather patterns.
- Get the free Storm Team 8 app for your iPhone or iPad
- Get the free Storm Team 8 app for you Android phone or tablet
Unlike other weather apps, you’ll get a forecast that is customized for you. The Storm Team 8 app is full of features including:
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Connecticut
- The latest video forecast from Storm Team 8
- Current weather conditions for Connecticut and anywhere in the United States
- Share the weather conditions via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- You can set multiple custom locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
- Closings and delays for Connecticut
- News and weather headlines from WTNH
- Live streaming video from WTNH
- Open the Storm Team 8 app
- Select ‘Menu’ in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop down menu.
- In the Push Alerts section, enable Push Alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS) as well as Connecticut Lightning Alerts.
Thank you for getting the News 8 and Storm Team 8 apps for your iPhone or Android.