Here are your Friday weather headlines:
High pressure will slide offshore today as a low will track southeast of the region tonight. Pretty far offshore but could come close enough to brush CT with a few flurries or snow showers tonight, not much! An arctic cold front will approach the region tonight and pass through by tomorrow late morning, this will usher in colder air and stronger winds through the weekend as an Arctic High will slide in from the west by Sunday. This will likely be the coldest air you will ever feel here in Connecticut. This high will slide offshore early next week as the next weather system approaches for Monday night into Tuesday.
- Happy Friday! Sun to start, clouds will increase during the afternoon.
- Afternoon highs are in the mid 20s, with a bit of wind out there it will feel like the teens at times
- No weather troubles this evening other than it will be COLD!
- Watch out for a few flurries during the overnight hours, not much!
- Another cold night with temperatures in the mid teens but feeling below 0°F
- Saturday morning starts cold with teens statewide but the wind will start to pick up Saturday afternoon
- Afternoon highs on Saturday only in the mid teens but feeling like -10° to -25° with the wind
- A Wind Chill Warning has been issued for most of Connecticut Saturday AM to Sunday PM
- Overnight lows Saturday night will be statewide below 0°
- Factor in the wind and at times it will feel like -25° to -35°
- Dangerously cold start on Sunday with temperature below 0°F statewide
- Feeling MUCH colder with the windchill. Down to -35°F at times
- Record cold temperatures on Sunday: Near record low temperatures, forecast is -10° and -4°. Record lows are -9° (1979) in Windsor Locks and 3° (2015) in Bridgeport. We are only calling for afternoon highs 9°F to 12°F. This means record cold high temperatures are also in jeopardy. Records low highs are: Windsor Locks is 11° (1979) and it is 18° Bridgeport (1979)
- Another cold start Monday morning with temps in the single digits to just below 0
- We will warm up to the mid 20s Monday afternoon
- Watching a low that will approach CT Monday night into Tuesday
- Storm track is very important
- As of now it looks like a mix Monday night turning to rain on Tuesday
- Keep it here with Storm Team 8!
Thanks for reading!