(WTNH) – Corned beef and cabbage is a favorite for St. Patrick’s Day. Today Shoprite is sharing a healthy corned beef and cabbage patties. Corned beef, leeks and brussel sprouts incorporated into a mashed potato patty.
St. Paddy’s Day Patties
Recipe by Chef Michelle Ryan
1 cup cooked mashed potatoes*
½ cup roasted or sauteed Brussel sprouts, chopped
3 oz cooked corned beef
1 leek, sliced, cleaned, and sauteed
2 TBSP olive oil
- Place the cooked mashed potatoes, cooked Brussel sprouts, prepared corned beef, and sauteed leeks in a bowl. Mix until incorporated. Form the mixture into 4 equal sized patties. You can make these ahead of time and refrigerate. This will help firm the patties.
- Beat beaten egg in a small bowl, and panko breadcrumbs in a shallow baking dish.
- Dredge each patty in the beaten egg and lightly press into the panko breadcrumbs, coating each side of the patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. When oil slightly shimmies, place the patties in pan and cook until golden. Turn each patty over to cook other side until golden. Serve warm with a dollup of horseradish mustard.
* Tips to lighten mashed potatoes: boil potatoes and drain; return potatoes to pan and allow potatoes to dry completely over residual heat. Add 2% milk instead of cream, salt, pepper, and mash.
Garafalo Markets owns ShopRite stores in Milford, Stratford, West Haven, East Haven and Hamden.
Culinary workshops are also available at the Milford, Stratford, and East Haven locations. Work hands-on with an experienced chef and nutritionist. Learn new recipes and perfect your cooking skills.
Head to www.shoprite.com for more