NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – The Olive Garden truly is all about families. The Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is on Thursday, April 28 and today one General Manager and her son are celebrating in the Bender Kitchen.
“Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is a great opportunity to show our children what we do professionally, so I’m excited to give my kids a glimpse into what it’s like to work in the fast-paced restaurant industry,” said Olive Garden General Manager Melissa Somers.
Olive Garden is a casual dining restaurant specializing in Italian-American cuisine. Olive Garden is proud to serve fresh, flavorful Italian comfort food, paired with great wine, in a relaxed setting where guests can share a comfortable Italian dining experience with family and friends.
Grilled Chicken Piadina
- 4 Piadinas (thin pizza crust or flat bread)
- 1 lb. of fresh chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of Fontina cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of Asiago cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Garden’s Signature Italian Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil and drained
- ¼ cup of Montamore cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of Romano cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of smoked provolone cheese, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-high heat sauté pan. Place chicken in the center. Cook thoroughly, approximately on 5-6 minutes on each side. Once cooked, cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat olive oil, then add fresh spinach. Sauté until tender.
- Melt the Fontina, Asiago, mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese over low heat in a sauce pot. Add a small amount of milk to help keep the consistency smooth. Add Italian dressing, sundried tomatoes and pesto.
- Spread melted cheese mixture on one half of each Piadina.
- Top with ¼ of the grilled chicken and ¼ of the sautéed spinach.
- Sprinkle Montamore, Romano, smoked mozzarella, smoked provolone and remaining parmesan cheeses over the chicken and spinach.
- Heat a large saute pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Fold Piadina in half and place in the center of the pan.
- Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, and cut into 4-6 triangular pieces. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe creates 4 servings.
For more information about Olive Garden or to find a location near you, visit www.OliveGarden.com.