NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – In the Bender Kitchen today Ballo Italian Restaurant Executive Chef Shaun Golan shares a Stuffed Ravioli recipe that is sure be lucky!
(Spinach, Bacon and Goat Cheese Filling)
Makes enough for 6 servings
- 1.5# frozen spinach
- .5# cooked bacon
- .5# Mascarpone
- 1# Goat Cheese
- .5# grated Parmigiano
- 1 t freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, chop spinach and bacon separately. Combine in mixing bowl, along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, either by hand or with a stand mixer. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary, and place in piping bags. Allow to chill overnight.
- Make filled Lune (ravioli) using either store bought pasta sheets, or homemade. Dust well with semolina flour and store, covered. Use the same day, or freeze.
- To serve, heat a sauté pan with 2T butter. Allow it to foam, and then add ½ cupthinly sliced asparagus and spring onions. When vegetables have just softened, add 1 T pasta cooking water and remove from heat.
- Boil pasta until it’s floating and totally cooked through, about 5 minutes if frozen or 2 minutes if fresh. Add to pan, and cook together with butter until a sauce forms. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice. Top with fresh basil and grated parmigiano.
Ballo Italian Restaurant was established in 2011 in Mohegan Sun Casino. They opened with the goal of providing great food, service and atmosphere to guests that visit. There’s a large menu, with something for everyone.
For more information, head to www.Balloitalian.com