NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Lifestyle blogger, Chelsea Briche of “The Millennial Miss“, stopped by CT Style to talk, “The Do’s and Don’ts of Dating.” Chelsea explains to Ryan Kristafer that these relationship tips apply to single people who are exploring the dating landscape and even married couples.
- DO have a date night: quality time away from the social scene is key.
- DO give each other space: balance is key. Having your own friend group / life routine is crucial. Do not suffocate your partner.
- DO be open and honest: if you don’t see a future with this person, you need to be upfront and honest about it.
- DON’T nag & complain all the time: Just because you have a significant other does not mean you have a personal punching bag. Complete mood killer.
- DON’T voluntarily reveal your past: everyone has a past and that’s where it should be left. If the past comes back to haunt you then use that as the appropriate time to discuss, but there is no need to sit down with your partner and break down a flow chart of your past relationships.
- DON’T try and change them: You can only express your opinion on the situation; you cannot force it. You must personally accept and consciously work together to find common ground.