(WTNH)– If you take the train to and from New York City, you may want to avoid the evening commute the next few days due to the limited Metro-North service. We’ve got your back with 8 ways you can avoid the evening commute all together.
1. Stay at work longer than usual and take a later train. In turn, you can get some extra work done to get ahead to feel super accomplished this weekend.
2. Leave work earlier than usual to beat the evening commuters and have some extra time to yourself at home to make a special dinner or catch up on your shows.
3. Finally say yes! and stay for happy hour with your favorite co-workers.
5. Have any friends in the city? Surprise them with a visit and maybe even a bottle of wine or some take-out.
6. Stay for dinner and go to that restaurant near work that you’ve been dying to try.
7. Check some items off your to do list and get some errands done. You can even hit the gym or go for run if you brought your sneakers.
8. Need some me time? Read a book, get a manicure or just take a walk around the city and discover things you never noticed before in your busy day to day life.