NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Chef Jamie Sydney shares a healthy twist for summer salads with Green Quinoa with Arugula, Mint, Pistachios, and Raw Zucchini
Jamie is a chef in Rowayton CT and she also teaches cooking classes to dinner parties, stocks fridges weekly for clients with healthy foods, and is writing a cookbook on the idea of “Simple and Healthy(ish) cooking for food lovers”. Her blog features recipes on every Wednesday that are quick and easy to make with a healthy(ish) theme.
Green Quinoa with Arugula, Mint, Pistachios, and Raw Zucchini Recipe
- 2 Cups of Quinoa
- 5 Cups of boiling water or chicken stock
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup of Pistachios
- 1/2 Bunch of Parsley, cleaned, chopped
- 6 Mint Sprigs, leaves removed, cleaned, julienned
- 1 Zucchini, diced into small squares
- 1 ½ Cups of Baby Arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the water or chicken stock in a medium large pot. Add a few pinches of salt to the water if you are using water. Boil the quinoa for 20 minutes or until the grains open up. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix. taste for seasoning.