NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Restaurant owner, Angela Baldanza of Baldanza Restaurant and entrepreneur Lisa Kaine Dunn share their delicious and classic Lobster Rolls entree and decadent chocolate, lemon and lavender truffles for dessert.
For more information, visit the Baldanza Restaurant’s website!
- Truffle Recipe:
1 lb. 64-68% best quality bittersweet chocolate (not chips!)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender, grind fine in grinder or spice mill
- Zest from one lemon
- 5 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Dutch Process cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolate, put in a large bowl
- In a small sauce pan or milk scalder, heat heavy cream, ground lavender and lemon zest over medium heat. Heat only until small bubbles start along the side of the sauce pan. Turn off heat and seal with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and turn heat to medium until small bubbles again form around the edge of the sauce pan.
- Strain the liquid with a fine sieve over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Add 5 tablespoons of room temperature unsalted butter and whisk until smooth and shinny.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours minimum or overnight. The base should be firm and able to roll by hand into small balls.
- Use a teaspoon and scoop a small bite size amount into your clean hand and roll into a ball. Place on a cookie sheet, side by side. Chill for 1 hour.
- Put cocoa powder in a shallow dish or pie plate, roll each chocolate ball in cocoa powder to cover.
- Keep refrigerated for up to a month in an air tight container. The flavor are best appreciated served at room temperature so put out what you need and reserve the rest in the fridge!