(WTNH)–Purchase, NY & Quincy, MA (June 6, 2016 )– Following a recall by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it removed from sale certain Atkins bar items due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The following products are included in this recall:
· Atkins Day Break Cranberry Almond Bar (5 ct.), 6 oz., UPC 63748005506 with Best By Dates from
9/27/2016 to 9/29/2016, from 10/19/2016 to 10/21/2016, from 12/9/2016 to 12/11/2016,
2/25/2017, from 3/28/2017 to 3/30/2017, or from 4/25/2017 to 4/26/2017
· Atkins Meal Cinnamon Bun Bar (5 ct), 8.5 oz., UPC 63748005925 with a Best By Date of
· Atkins Snack Triple Chocolate Bar (5 ct.), 7 oz., UPC 63748003540 with a Best By Date of
· Atkins Meal Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bar (5 ct.), 8.5 oz., UPC 63748002566 with Best By Dates from 10/21/2016 to 10/22/2016, 11/10/2016, or from 3/30/2017 to 4/1/2017
· Atkins Day Break Chocolate Hazelnut Bar (5 ct), 7 oz., UPC 63748005532 with Best By Dates of
10/23/2016 or from 12/16/2016 to 12/18/2016
· Atkins Snack Caramel Double Chocolate Crunch Bar (5 ct.), 8 oz., UPC 63748003505 with Best By
Dates from 12/15/2016 to 12/16/2016
· Atkins Day Break Peanut Butter Fudge Crisp Bar (5 ct.), 6 oz., UPC 63748005502 with Best By
Dates from 9/30/2016 to 10/1/2016 or from 4/29/2017 to 4/30/2017
Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses to date. Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Atkins Nutritionals Customer Service at 1-855-201-4611. In addition, customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at 1-800-767-7772 for more information. Customers can also visit the Stop & Shop website at stopandshop.com.