NEW HAVEN Conn. (WTNH) — Summer is coming to an end and that means so are the beach days. Beach days for parents can be stressful,but it does not have to be. Connecticut In Style blogger Sarah O’Brien has great ideas to make sure everyone has fun.
Essential Beach Packing Tips:
- Invest in a beach cart with all terrain wheels.
- Pack a cooler with finger food snacks like fresh fruits, veggie sticks, chips, pretzels and protein bars and bottles of water.
- Freeze lemon and cherry juice pouches, when they begin to thaw, they make a slushy treat.
- Pack all the beach toys in a mesh laundry bag, when you are ready to head home, shake the bag and leave the sand at the beach.
- Pack a football, tennis ball, frisbee and kite for some activities to do when you want a break from swimming.
- Bring baby powder or a small utility brush to clean off sandy feet and toes before you get in the car.
- Bring a waterproof bag to store smart phones, cell phones, and any items that can’t get wet.
- Pack a small first aid kit, they are a lifesaver for any little cuts from sharp rocks and shells.
- Buy a sand anchor to anchor the umbrella into the sand.
- Send your kids on a scavenger hunt with objects to search for.