(WTNH) — Anyone looking for a high-paying job with great benefits should apply to work for the Federal Aviation Administration.
The FAA is looking to hire 1,400 entry-level air traffic controllers. This after the number of workers in the field hit a 27-year low in 2015. If hired the new trainees will go through a 13 month training program at the Federal Aviation Academy in Oklahoma City.
According to the FAA the median annual air traffic controller salary was $122,950 in May 2015. The salaries for entry-level air traffic control specialists increase as they complete each new training phase. The FAA is accepting applications until Monday August 15.
Job applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be under the age of 31 on August 15, 2016
- Pass a medical examination
- Pass a security investigation
- Pass the FAA air traffic pre-employment tests
- Speak English clearly enough to be understood over communications equipment
- Have three years of progressively responsible work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of post-secondary education and work experience that totals three years
- Be willing to relocate to an FAA facility based on agency staffing needs
The FAA says this is a highly competitive entry-level employment opportunity. To learn more about the air traffic control positions you can click here.