NEW HAVEN Conn. (WTNH) — For families with hectic schedules it is important to eat healthy when on the go.
Showing us how to make healthy smoothies is the owners of The Juice Box, Sasha Zabar and Sammy Chamino.
The Juice Box is showing us 2 different smoothies:
1. Spinach – iron, immune system booster
– Kale – glowing skin
– Mango – low calories, great for maintaining healthy skin and hair
– Banana – loaded with potassium
– Almond milk – protein
– Avocado – healthy fatty acids
– Flax seeds – protein and fiber
2. Pineapple – immune system, aids in digestion
– Pineapple – immune system, aids in digestion
– Ginger – calms
– Mint – rejuvenates
– Coconut water – packed with potassium and vitamin b, helps replenish electrolytes and minerals while helping to hydrate
– Cinnamon – maintains blood sugar levels
Sasha and Sammy say they freeze their bananas and other fresh produce that go into their smoothies.
For more information watch the video about. If you would love to stop by The Juice Box they are located at 1092 Chapel Street New Haven.