NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Since kids love a great BLT Chef Plum is in the Bender Kitchen sharing how to make a bacon and lettuce stuffed tomato sure to please.
Food Network Star and Celebrity chef, Chef Plum shares his recipe great for the back to school rush while still using ingredients from the garden.
4 medium sized tomatoes
10 pieces of crispy bacon chopped
1 tbls of mayo
½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
small diced toasted baguette
1 tbl shredded basil
salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix chopped bacon, mayo, lettuce, and baguette
- season with salt and pepper
- slice top off of tomato and hollo out
- spoon mixture into tomato
- garnish with a little shredded basil and place tomato top, on tomato plate up and finish with a
little olive oil
For more, head to www.edibleontheroad.com