NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Fire crews have responded to a gas emergency in downtown New Haven Wednesday morning.
The New Haven Fire Department says firefighters have responded to a gas emergency at 66 Orange Street. Orange Street is currently closed between Chapel Street and Crown Street.
Battalion Chief William Gould tells News 8 crews did discover a heavy odor inside the building, and a significant reading on their gas meters led to an evacuation of the building.
The source of the gas emergency was determined to be a faulty stove inside a restaurant on Orange Street.
No injuries were reported.