NEW HAVEN Conn. (WTNH) — Kids are back in school, and are coming home with bags full of homework. So who’s homework is it anyway?
Explaining what we should be doing with our children and their homework is Doctor Amy Alamar.
- How involved should parents be with their child’s homework?
- What should you do if your child forgets to bring their homework to school? Do you hop it the car and bring it to them?
- Is it a good idea to review your child’s homework every night?
- Is it best to point out any mistakes before they turn it in?
- Should parents at least check that the homework has been completed?
- Should you contact the teacher if you feel your child does not understand an assignment or a subject?
- How much homework is too much homework? Should a parent complain to the school if they feel there’s too much?
- Since grades are important when thinking ahead to college, should you encourage your child to question/challenge a grade they’ve been given?
- When is it time to hire a tutor?
For more information on Dr. Alamar and what she has to say watch the video above.