NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — The drought has caused many problems in Connecticut. Since its been so dry, the Regional Water Authority is asking you to start saving water.
Related Content: Drought taking its toll on wells and other water sources
They are asking customers in the New Haven area to reduce water use by 10 percent. Here are ways to save water:
- Checking for leaks and drips from faucets and toilets.
- Take a quick shower instead of a bath.
- Don’t let the water run while brushing your teeth.
- When cleaning dishes, scrape your dirty dishes into the trash, and then put them into the dishwasher.
- Wash only full loads of clothes.
- Wash your car at a car wash.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean patios, sidewalks and driveways.