NEW HAVEN Conn. (WTNH) — When it comes to staying fit it’s not always about the hardest workout that keeps our body healthy. There is a fitness challenge you can do before you take your kids trick or treating that will not only improve your health but stall your kids.
Fitness expert Lisa Lynn says that can be a detour to our “Functional Fitness” meaning if our bodies become too tight because we are striving to be super man strong we can negatively affect our flexibility and our bodies are only as strong as our weakest “link”.
Lynn says there are five things we can do to see if we are functionally fit:
- Bend over and touch your toes, placing palms flat without bending your knees.
- Push yourself up off the floor keeping your body straight and stiff (also known as the perfect push up).
- Sit up from lying position.
- Lying straight leg, leg should be at a perfect 90 degree angle (if not your doomed for back and knee troubles if you don’t have them already).
- Get us without using your hands or crossing your legs.
Lisa says you want to start practicing these moves and it will keep you healthy regardless of how fit you are.
If you have more questions about what these moves are you can watch the video above, and for more information on Lisa you can head to her website.