NAUGATUCK, Conn. (WTNH)– Naugatuck High School was evacuated Thursday morning due to a possible gas leak.
Police say officers, the fire department and Eversource Gas responded to Naugatuck High School at around 7:15 a.m. after a smell of gas was reported inside the building.
The school was evacuated as a precaution while the building was metered and cleared by Eversource and the fire department.
Students and staff gathered outside the facility for a short time until the situation was resolved. All student and staff have since returned back into the building and have resumed the day as normal.