LYME, Conn. (WTNH) — Lyme Fire Chief Jamie Letherbee is advising Monday morning commuters to avoid Route 156, due to an electrical fire at Joshuatown Road.
Fire Chief Jamie Letherbee says crews with the Dept. of Transportation and Eversource are en route Monday morning, after primary wires were downed around 4 a.m., sparking an electrical fire on Route 156 at Joshuatown Road.
Eversource was able to reduce the initial 600 some odd outages reported to them around 5:20 a.m. by half, to 328 or 25% of the town’s customers, by 6 a.m. An Eversource representative says crews are working to repair the lines, but along with Letherbee, expects this may take a few hours, apologizing for the inconvenience.
Letherbee says morning motorists should avoid the area altogether, if possible, suggesting Route 85 or 9 as alternatives. Town and state police are monitoring the closure.