(WTNH) — The News 8 team are joining forces with the Connecticut Food Bank and Bank of America to help the 500,000 Connecticut residents who struggle with hunger everyday.
Join them on November 19 from 10am-1pm at the East Haven ShopRite. Last year, through the generosity of donors, the Connecticut Food Bank was able to distribute enough turkeys and “trimmings” to provide more than half a million meals.
Food Items Most Needed:
• FROZEN Turkeys, 8-10 lbs. (most needed)
• Canned ham, chicken and salmon
• $10 grocery store gift cards
• Dry stuffing mix (box or package)
• Canned vegetables with no added salt
• Canned fruit in 100% fruit juice
• Canned/instant potatoes
• Bottled/canned gravy
• Dry/canned beans with reduced sodium
• Rice (brown or white)
At a time when we all hope to give thanks for good fortune, many struggle to provide for basic needs like food. Nearly half a million people in Connecticut struggle with hunger; one in six Connecticut children is food insecure. 16% of Connecticut residents over the age of 60 are food insecure.
For more information on how you can donate to the Connecticut Food Bank, log onto their website.
We hope to see you out in East Haven on Saturday November 19!