No injuries in Stamford motel fire

Photo: Bill Tenka, Puckstopper Photography
Photo: Bill Tenka, Puckstopper Photography

Stamford, Conn. (WTNH)- Stamford firefighters rushed to the Super 8 motel in town shortly after five o’clock on Monday morning after a 9-1-1 call about a fire at the building 32 Grenhart road.

The call sent more than 25 firefighters and four engines to the scene.

They determined that a small mulch fire, sparked by discarded smoking materials, had led to a small fire that had extended into a wall on the first floor. It only took firefighters about an hour to take care of the situation and there were no injuries.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s