NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Bank of America, the Connecticut Food Drive, and News8 are teaming up to fight hunger this weekend.
Food Items Most Needed:
• FROZEN Turkeys, 8-10 lbs. (most needed)
• Canned ham, chicken and salmon
• T$10 grocery store gift cards
• Dry stuffing mix (box or package)
• Canned vegetables with no added salt
• Canned fruit in 100% fruit juice
• Canned/instant potatoes
• Bottled/canned gravy
• Dry/canned beans with reduced sodium
• Rice (brown or white)
On November 19 from 10am-1pm at the East Haven ShopRite you can meet the team and donate. Last year, through the generosity of donors, the Connecticut Food Bank was able to distribute enough turkeys and “trimmings” to provide more than half a million meals.
For more information on how you can donate to the Connecticut Food Bank, log onto their website.
To donate to Bank of America’s 2-for-1 drive, head to www.bankofamerica.com/hunger