NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Jenn Press Arata is the author of “Sweet Dreams.” She is also a food & lifestyle writer, TV personality and founder of That’s SO Jenn, Confessions of a Foodie.
Officially out December 6th. Currently available for pre-order on Amazon.com (already sold out the first batch!) and BarnesandNoble.com. Signed copies can be ordered through www.thatssojenn.com
Today she shares a delicious recipe with us for Carrot Cake Pancakes.
TSJ’s Sweet Dreams Carrot Cake Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (8oz) package Neufchatel cheese
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add milk, egg, applesauce, vanilla, carrots, raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl or Kitchen Aid, blend Neufchatel cheese, yogurt, vanilla extract and coconut
- Coat a pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Spoon desired amount of batter onto pan and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve with frosting and garnish with additional shredded coconut, (optional)
You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.