LEBANON, Conn. (WTNH) — Lebanon firefighters confirm to News 8 that Lyman Memorial High School will be closed Friday due to a large fuel leak inside the building.
According to the Lebanon Fire Department, firefighters responded at 6:39 a.m. to Lyman Memorial High School on a report of a large fuel leak. Firefighters confirmed the fuel leak, and have called the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) to respond to the school to assist with the cleanup of the fuel.
At 7:40 a.m., News 8 spoke with DEEP officials who said there was a fuel release from the boiler system. No injuries have been reported.
No roads have been closed. The school was not yet open for the day, so no students were exposed to anything dangerous. Classes have been canceled for Friday, according to the Lebanon Fire Department.