BRANFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Firefighters are cleaning up after a fire broke out at a home in Branford Monday morning.
The Branford Fire Department received a call around 3:15 a.m. about a house fire at 18 Windmill Hill Road.
Branford, East Haven, and Guilford firefighters responded to the scene.
Crews shut down the road while they got the fire under control. The road was reopened by 7:30 a.m.
Firefighters believe the fire started in the garage.
All three family members made it out of the home unharmed. Sadly, a family pet cat did die in the fire. No other injuries were reported.
Crews say the house is uninhabitable, and the family is temporarily staying at a hotel.