MERIDEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Meriden fire officials were on the scene investigating a fire at a housing complex on Broad Street Thursday morning.
Around 7:40 a.m, Meriden firefighters were dispatched to the residences at 219 South Broad Street on reports of a fire. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire. It was reported that the fire had been started by a couch.
The Meriden Police and Fire Department announced that the fire is now out and that the occupants of the building have returned except for the two individuals who lived in the unit where the fire occurred. The Red Cross is assisting that family.
No injuries were reported.