2 suffer smoke inhalation in Meriden apartment

(File)

MERIDEN, Conn. (WTNH)– Two people were taken to the hospital Monday morning, for smoke inhalation in a Meriden apartment complex.

The fire department says a pot on the stove caused a lot of smoke at an apartment complex on Crown Street. This resulted in two adults being transported to hospitals for smoke inhalation. One victim was taken to Yale New Haven Hospital and the other was taken to MidState Medical Center.

While the damage was minimal to the building, it caused so much smoke that the apartment is uninhabitable at this time. Firefighters have cleared the scene and everyone else is back inside the building.

It is unclear if there were working smoke detectors in the apartment.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s