(WTNH) – If you are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report for the Best Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations on Thursday.
According to WalletHub, at least $5.3 billion is expected to be spent for the holiday. The website was able to determine the best cities for celebrating Irish-American heritage by comparing 200 of the largest U.S. cities across four key dimensions:
- St. Patrick’s Day traditions
- Safety and accessibility
- St. Patrick’s Day weather
|Top 20 Cities for St. Patrick’s Day|
|1||Buffalo, NY||11||Naperville, IL|
|2||Madison, WI||12||Rochester, NY|
|3||Boston, MA||13||Cincinnati, OH|
|4||Cedar Rapids, IA||14||Chicago, IL|
|5||Worcester, MA||15||Springfield, MA|
|6||Pittsburgh, PA||16||Springfield, MO|
|7||Akron, OH||17||St. Paul, MN|
|8||Tampa, FL||18||Overland Park, KS|
|9||Philadelphia, PA||19||Sioux Falls, SD|
|10||Cleveland, OH||20||Grand Rapids, MI|
The city of New Haven is number 69 on the list. You can see the full report and check your city’s ranking, click here.
St. Patrick’s Day Fun Facts
- $1.22 Million – Market value of a leprechaun’s pot of gold, which contains 1,000 gold coins weighing 1 ounce each.
- 13 Million – Pints of Guinness that will be consumed worldwide on St. Patrick’s Day.
- $5.3 Billion – Amount that will be spent collectively on St. Patrick’s Day 2017 (or $38 per person celebrating).
For more New Haven Saint Patrick’s Day Celebration stories, videos, music, and more, click here.