(WTNH) — As a blizzard dumps snow across Connecticut, you may be looking for ways to entertain your family. We’ve got 8 ideas for you.
- Bring out the coloring books! Coloring isn’t just for kids. There are books for adults too, and it’s something you can do together.
- Why not cook or bake something together? Make lunch and have a picnic in the living room or bake some cookies.
- Watch a movie together on a snowy evening. Queue up Netflix, make some popcorn and watch that movie you’ve always wanted to see but never got around to. It’s a great way to relax after dinner.
- If you’d like to unplug, a snowy day is a great time to read. Give everyone a book and spend some time getting lost in a good story. Or pick one out that everyone will enjoy and have a story time together.
- Board games are fun for the whole family. There are games that are great for kids of all ages. You can even take it a step further and have a tournament.
- If you’ve got young kids a day indoors can be a great time for arts and crafts. Get out the paints and crayons and be an artist for the afternoon. You can also go online and look up some craft ideas. There are lots of things you can make with simple household items.
- While not exactly “fun”, a snowy day is a great time to get organized. You don’t have to wait until spring to tackle that messy hallway closet that you’ve been meaning to clean. Organize what you want to keep and throw out or donate what you don’t. Get the entire family to help!
- Take a video of you and your family and send it to News 8 through Report-It! Let us know who you are, where you are, and what you’re doing during the storm. We may use your video as part of our storm coverage!