Cell phone causes small fire in ER at Yale

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH)– A small fire caused by a cell phone battery broke out at Yale New Haven Hospital Tuesday morning.

At around 6 a.m., New Haven firefighters responded to the emergency room of Yale New Haven Hospital, located at 20 York Street.

The Chief Battalion on scene told News 8 that a cell phone battery was unattached to a phone in a pocket, with other metal and change, when the battery shorted.

The fire was quickly put out and no one was hurt.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s