Two burned in overnight fire in Cheshire

(File)

CHESHIRE, Conn. (WTNH) — Two people were hospitalized on Wednesday night after a fire broke out in a Cheshire home.

Cheshire firefighters say they were called to a home on Higgins Road just before 11 p.m. on Wednesday.

The first crews to arrive reported a fully involved structure fire with smoke showing from all angles of the two-story home.

Firefighters say two adults were transported to an area hospital for burns and, possibly, smoke inhalation, but there is no word yet on the extent of these injuries.

Two children were also home at the time, but they were uninjured, according to firefighters.

The fire was extinguished in under an hour, and the town’s fire marshal was on-scene through the morning looking into the cause and origin.

Cheshire firefighters say the home sustained “significant smoke and fire damage throughout.”

Crews from Hamden, Wolcott and Prospect pitched in, providing mutual aid.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s