Fire at Wendy’s in Wallingford injures multiple employees

File photo Wendy's

WALLINGFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Multiple employees of a fast food restaurant in Wallingford suffered injuries in a fire on Wednesday afternoon.

Shortly after 1 p.m., Wallingford firefighters received a call about a fire at the Wendy’s on North Colony Road. Once firefighters were on the scene, they found heavy smoke in the kitchen and in the dining room area.

Fire officials say there was a grease fire in the deep fryer that they chemically extinguished.

Two employees of the restaurant were transported to the hospital with minor burns. Two additional employees were transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

The building has been inspected by the health and building inspector and is likely to be closed for a few days, though there is no structural damage.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s