Gas leak at UConn leads to building evacuations

- FILE - University of Connecticut (WTNH)

STORRS, Conn. (WTNH) — A gas leak at the University of Connecticut on Thursday afternoon caused multiple buildings to be evacuated according to a university spokesperson.

The school said that a construction crew was working on the site of a barn that burned down recently when a backhoe struck a gas line and caused the line to leak.

The UConn Dairy Bar and the Jones Building were evacuated.

There have been no reported injuries and the buildings have since been reopened.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s