Stratford Firefighters Rescue A Dog From House Fire

(Photo Courtesy: Stratford Fire Department)

STRATFORD, Conn. (WTNH) – This is one lucky and very loved pooch. When this family’s home caught on fire today on West Broad Street in Stratford, they were grateful they were all able to get out safely, but their dog was still inside the home. They called 9-1-1 for help.

When firefighters arrived they saw all the family members out of the home but were told their dog was still inside. Firefighters determined an unattended pot cooking on the stove caused the fire it was contained but the home still filled with smoke. Stratford firefighters found the scared dog hiding under a bed. They were able to reunite him with his relieved owners.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s