One family is displaced after a fire in Stamford

(Image: Stamford Fire Department)

STAMFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — After a condo fire Friday night in Stamford, one family has been displaced.

According to authorities, on Friday night, fire departments were dispatched to a reported fire at a condo on Connecticut Avenue. They say the fire started in the dryer and extended into the wash room.

Officials say when firefighters arrived they found moderate smoke pushing from the front door. They say the room of origin was located on the backside of the condominium unit.

Authorities say firefighters began searching the building for any occupants. They say no one was found inside the home, but it was later discovered that both occupants had already exited the home.

Officials say the fire is still under investigation with the Stamford Fire marshals office.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s