Dehumidifier causes house fire in Trumbull

(Photo: Trumbull Fire Department)

TRUMBULL, Conn. (WTNH) — Trumbull fire officials say a dehumidifier is to blame for a house fire in town early Monday morning.

Firefighters were sent to the scene on Bittersweet Lane where a fire broke out just before 2 a.m.

8 7 17 trumbull structure fire Dehumidifier causes house fire in Trumbull
(Photo: Trumbull Fire Department)

Officials say the blaze started in the basement.

Smoke alarms were able to wake up everyone sleeping inside.

8 7 17 trumbull structure fire 2 Dehumidifier causes house fire in Trumbull
(Photo: Trumbull Fire Department)

Firefighters say this is now the second fire in just four days involving a dehumidifier.

There have not been any reported injuries.

 

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s